Vasectomies can be carried out at the practice by Dr George Eskander who is available on Saturday’s on a roster basis.
Dr Eskander uses the no-cut vasectomy method.
No-Cut Vasectomy: A Minimally Invasive Option for Permanent Birth Control
A no-cut vasectomy, sometimes called the or no-scalpel vasectomy, is a safe and effective procedure for men seeking permanent contraception. Unlike traditional vasectomy methods, this minimally invasive technique offers several advantages, including less pain, faster recovery, and reduced risk of complications.
- During a no-cut vasectomy, a local anesthetic is administered to numb the scrotum, ensuring that the procedure is virtually painless.
- Instead of making an incision, the surgeon uses a special instrument to make a small puncture in the scrotum’s skin. This eliminates the need for stitches and significantly reduces the risk of infection.
- The surgeon accesses the vas deferens, the tubes that carry sperm from the testicles, through the puncture. The tubes are then sealed or blocked to prevent sperm from entering the ejaculate.
- The entire procedure typically takes around 20-30 minutes, and most men can return to their normal activities within a couple of days.
- Minimized Discomfort: No-cut vasectomy causes less pain and discomfort compared to traditional methods, thanks to the small puncture instead of an incision.
- Quick Recovery: Patients can typically resume light activities within a day or two, with full recovery within a week.
- High Effectiveness: No-cut vasectomy is over 99% effective in preventing pregnancy once the procedure is confirmed to have worked.
- Low Complication Rate: The reduced risk of complications, such as bleeding and infection, makes it a safe option.
- Permanent Contraception: It is intended as a permanent form of birth control and should be considered irreversible.
- Like any medical procedure, there are potential risks and side effects, so it’s essential to discuss them with your healthcare provider.
- It may take several months or ejaculations to clear any remaining sperm from the reproductive system. It’s crucial to use alternative contraception during this time.
A no-cut vasectomy offers a straightforward, efficient, and minimally invasive option for men seeking permanent contraception. If you’re considering this procedure, consult with a qualified urologist or healthcare provider to discuss the best approach for your individual circumstances.
There are out of pockets fees for this procedure which can be found on our fees section on our patient information page